Sunday, July 11, 2010

Why This Blog?

07111054books
library books
I am a voracious reader and ingestor of information. I love to learn! Especially about things I might *do*: Things I might design, or that might help someone, or bring in an income, or change the world, or change my home, or beautify a corner, or a landscape. My dream world is full of color, of growing things, and happy people, and warmth, and enjoyment of good industry.

But if I step outside myself, what do I see?

A fat, sloppily-dressed woman, sitting in the corner alone, guarding her time and her heart; reading a book, surfing the net, gathering inspiration for a wonderful life that, already in motion, is made up of the moments, and people, and opportunities that whirl briefly around her and quickly pass her by, unheeded.

07111056gaterbooks

I challenge this woman to change. Find a direction, and follow it: stop learning, and come to a knowledge of the truth: experience life and living and helping and being someone worthy of the resources that she uses to exist.

I know she bites off more than she can chew, and her stash of dreams is so huge that they could not be accomplished by any one person. But do something, fat lady! Small changes, small challenges. One thing at a time; but do SOMETHING.

You never know what might happen.

5 comments:

  1. It looks awesome. Love the template, love the quotes...awesome. :) I will try to come up with something soon, I want to be a part of this. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a fat lady, dangit. But I like your post. But you are Not A Fat Lady. You are Moey. Moey is awesome. Therefore you are awesome. :-P
    Love you very much and hope to post something soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And holy crap, who has that many library books?! I mean, really?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely site, Moey--I too think you are awesome!! One day we will see your thoughts in print and pictures, and not just on the Net!
    LOVE YOU <3

    ReplyDelete