Friday, July 16, 2010

Tough Day

Ack, it really has been a loooooong week. I finally had enough today: was up on time, but so, so tired! All I wanted to do was go back to bed. But hubby has been at work all week, was in training all day, and he's been at VBS every night, leaving the 3 youngest and my oldest son here. That put the kind of pressure on that particularly stresses me: having to have dinner on an hour early, and dealing with evening activities while keeping three littles under control. My house is a wreck!

Anyway, I crashed today. I did get my 30 minutes in the garden, and made hamburger buns so we could eat the rest of our sloppy-joe lentils which seem to be never-ending...but after lunch I had to take a nap, and that was the end of that.

Pizza for dinner, I admit it. I was going to make beef stew, and had set out the meat to thaw this morning, but my brain just wasn't up to figuring out which way to cook it in order to get it ready an hour early, and after my nap it was worse. So, Little Caesars it was.

And yeah, I feel like a bit of a failure. Two things I need to do here: prepare some foods that can go in the freezer and be heated up quickly on days where I just am not up to fixing a big meal; and, I need to put something in the sidebar to keep track of eating-out expenditures. Because let's face it: I have great intentions, but from time to time, we will be eating out. I need to refer back to my first goal: something is better than nothing. Keep on keeping on....right?

Hubby brought McD sundaes to us twice this week, too. I'll add that to the total in the sidebar.

I'm hitting the sack. Exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. Not a failure! If you add up what you got done and not just what you didn't get done, it looks a lot better. Plus you put a plan in place here to put meals in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I need to put meals in the freezer too...I should say, "we" need to, right Larry? :)

    FWIW I feel like a failure unless I'm exactly on top of everything in the whole wide world -- how do we stop doing this to ourselves?

    Love you! xox

    ReplyDelete